Melo Website Accessibility
Accessibility on this website is guided by government standards and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG are widely accepted as the international standard for accessibility on the web.
Whilst we aim to make this website accessible to all users and achieve a conformance level ‘AA’; we continually work with stakeholders to ensure that conformance level ‘A’ is adhered to as a minimum.
If you experience any accessibility issue on this site or have any comment, please contact us.
Need help reading the Melo website?
We’ve added the ReachDeck Toolbar to our site to make it easier to access mental health and wellbeing information. The toolbar can be found on the top left on every page. If you struggle with reading, have a visual impairment, or prefer to read in your own language, the ReachDeck Toolbar can help.
Try it out for yourself…
Click on the multicoloured ‘ReachDeck’ button that you can see in the top left of our header on all of our website pages. This will launch the ReachDeck Toolbar. You’ll see it dock to the top of your screen. Now click on the first ‘pointed finger’ icon on that toolbar and hover your mouse pointer over any text on our site to hear it read out loud.
How does the ReachDeck Toolbar help?
The ReachDeck Toolbar will help you to read and translate the content on the Melo website. Its features include:
- Text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- Translation: translate content into over 100 languages
- Text magnification: enlarge text and hear it read out loud
- Mp3 generation: convert selected text into an MP3 audio file
- Screen mask: reduce glare with a tinted mask
- Web page simplifier: remove clutter from the screen. Display only the main text.
Adobe – Read Out Loud
Newer versions of Adobe Reader (version 7 and above) have inbuilt “read out loud” functionality. Portable Document Format (PDF) documents can be read out loud in three short steps:
- Open a PDF document and click on “View”
- Select “Read Out Loud”
- Activate Read Out Loud
Frequently used shortcuts include:
- Shift + Ctrl + Y: Activate Read Out Loud
- Shift + Ctrl + V: Read current page
- Shift + Ctrl + B: Read to end of document
- Shift + Ctrl + C: Pause / Resume reading
- Shift + Ctrl + E: Stop
Adjusting Text Size
Internet Explorer: Go to “View” on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom
Firefox: Go to “View” on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom. Alternatively hold down the “Ctrl” button on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key to increase text size. To reduce the latter hold down the “Ctrl” button and press the minus (-) key.
Please note that the above settings may differ depending on the browser version.